- This building is located along the Tenryu River in the northern part of Hamamatsu, Shizuoka. The symbolic curtain wall covers most of the building and blends in with the surrounding nature.
- The combination of trusses forms the main curtain wall, tracing gentle curves extending from top to bottom and from the center to the left and right. About 1600 panes of triangle glass in slightly different dimensions were used to complete the curtain wall.
- 3D data needs to be converted into 2D data in order to acquire the dimensions of a glass pane drawn in a 3D CAD. In this project, it took us over two hours just to open the data on a computer due to the data complexity. We needed about two months after all to obtain all the dimensions of the 1,600 panes of glass.
- We requested a glass manufacturer and worked closely with them to minimize the dimensional tolerances. All of the glass panes have been successfully installed.
- Number of floors aboveground: 4
- Total floor area: 13,524 m2
- Building area: 6,420 m2
Go to top of page